Now about my Top 500 and the presentation. Since there is a lot of chart information to see I decided I would post 50 positions a week. I have also made a few notes about each song and those will be posted too. So, over the next 10 weeks the entire 500 will be posted.
The years that compromise much of the countdown are 1967-1978. This has made sense since at 7 years old when I really started paying attention to the radio. 1969 was when I started buying 45’s and around 1974 was when I started to buy albums. Songs from this period evoke many memories from my youth which is why they remain my favorites to this day. In my notes you will often see me mention my vinyl collection in past tense as “Had” this 45” or “Had this Album”. It still pains me to this day, but I lost it all during a move in 1992 with my entire vinyl 45’s and albums in boxes being left in the hot sun.
Much of my countdown has songs that most Fox listeners are at least familiar with, and I know tons of them are in the rotation but there are still a lot that are not so familiar. It will be interesting to see on the obscure ones how many are known by Fox listeners. Also, it will have its own section in the archives. I am not sure how the comments section works on the blog, but unlike the main blog this would be a good place to leave comments good or bad about any of the songs.
I think so much of what makes any given song special to each of us as individuals is all about memories, rather they be good or bad and what songs come to mean to us over the years shaped also by our personal tastes. Hopefully everyone will enjoy this blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment